Spend three weeks improving your English, experiencing Canadian culture and making lifelong friends from around the world during a summer you won’t ever forget.
What is the Summer Immersion Program?
The Summer Immersion Program is an online intensive three-week program in which you will develop your English language skills while you learn about life at York University in Toronto, one of the most multicultural campuses in Canada. You will expand your global awareness and learn about Canadian culture.
The Summer Immersion Program gives you the opportunity to improve your English listening and speaking skills from any level. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with student Community Leaders in online venues, and can participate in formal and informal, individual, and group presentations and activities.
You will practice your English language skills in fun, online, interactive activities and learn more about:
- Toronto’s waterfront and diverse neighbourhoods
- The CN Tower
- The world-famous Niagara Falls
What You Will Learn
Over the course of up to a month, you will learn from qualified instructors and form friendships with your classmates and student Community Leaders. The program will improve your ability to:
- Initiate a discussion and engage in conversation
- Express yourself more confidently and clearly
- Conduct informal/formal individual and group presentations
- Listen for general and specific information and in various contexts
- Discuss experiences and ask questions about the experiences of others