Live on Campus
Living on campus is a fun and enriching experience, with many amenities right outside your door.
- Residence allows you to meet students from various backgrounds and interests and includes community building programming
- Residence includes access to laundry facilities, as well as communal areas. For most sessions, a meal plan is mandatory as cooking is not permitted, but students can rent small fridges for their rooms.
- Residence is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not allowed indoors, as per Ontario law.
A residence room includes:
- A single bed, with a set of bed sheets
- A dresser, a desk, a chair, and a reading lamp
- A telephone and Internet jack
Live in Homestay
York University Language Institute students have more opportunities to speak English on a daily basis.
Students who choose homestay have an opportunity to live with a Canadian family during their time at the York University English Language Institute. Homestay provides you with a chance to have a true Canadian experience by sharing daily life with Canadians; to speak English outside of the classroom; and to have a supportive and comfortable environment while living in Canada.
The families are Canadians living within a 45-minute commute from the York University campus. Our families range in size and some of our families have pets and/or children. Many of the homestay parents work during the day, either full time or part time. Our families live in a variety of homes from apartments, to condominiums, bungalows, or two-storey homes.
If you’re looking to rent your own apartment or share one with friends while you’re studying with us, talk to our Global Connections team. They can answer any questions you might have about finding the right place to stay!