Essential English is designed for students who want to improve their English language skills and build their academic confidence and professional fluency. The curriculum integrates skills and knowledge development in workplace communications, UN Sustainable Development goals, and Canadian culture. It is an engaging and powerful path for the development of core English language skills, including reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, and vocabulary. The goal is to provide a multidimensional approach in support of academic studies and professional ambitions.
At A Glance
- Six levels from pre-intermediate to advanced
- Each level is eight weeks with 20 hours per week with your instructors
- Students can apply for conditional offer for an undergraduate degree or post-graduate certificate after level 4 if they meet the academic requirements
- Essential English is a direct pathway to full-time Continuing Professional Education Programs within the School of Continuing Studies following successful completion of Level 6
- Six start dates available: September, October, January, March, May, June