Improve your privacy awareness, the practices of organizations and gain fundamental knowledge in information principles in the digital age.
What is Information Privacy?
Information privacy is a vital profession that encompasses how an entity collects, stores, shares and uses personal data. Data-driven organizations need to consider how factors like customer data, domestic and global privacy regulations and emerging technologies can impact their operations, information management and customer marketing practices. Information privacy professionals help recommend, implement, manage and scale security and privacy solutions for individuals and organizations.
What you will learn
You will gain fundamental knowledge in information principles, operational methods and emerging technologies that define privacy practice today. In only six months of online or blended study, you will also:
- Learn essential tools and methods for safeguarding personal information
- Comprehend global legal and regulatory requirements for information privacy
- Interpret the privacy ramifications of new technologies, applications, products and services
- Learn to identify potential risks, vulnerabilities, harms or misuses of data
- Identify and coordinate privacy breaches/risk assessments
- Contribute to the development of an organization’s privacy program
This program offers an accelerated format that allows you to graduate in only six months. Look forward to participating in experiential education opportunities, such as analyzing real-world privacy breaches. Industry-expert instructors will also instruct you on using practical, privacy-enabling tools and methods such as a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and Privacy by Design (PbD). And, since privacy protection is a collaborative effort that involves multiple stakeholders, you will gain cross-functional professional skills such as communication, team building and critical thinking.