Improve your privacy awareness, the practices of organizations and gain fundamental knowledge in information principles in the digital age.
What you will learn
In this part-time Certificate in Information Privacy, you will learn how to increase your privacy quotient for more secure, efficient management of your organization’s confidential information. This program will help you:
- Better understand the information principles, operational methods, and emerging technologies that define privacy practice today.
- Learn essential tools and methods such as Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and Privacy by Design (PbD) for safeguarding personal information
- Comprehend global legal and regulatory requirements for information privacy
- Investigate and interpret the privacy ramifications of new technologies, applications, products, and services
- Learn to identify potential risks, vulnerabilities, harms, or misuses of data
- Identify and coordinate privacy breaches/risk assessments
- Contribute to the development of an organization’s privacy program
- Graduate in only six months of online study
- Participate in experiential education opportunities, including analyzing real-world privacy breaches
- Learn from leaders who are industry experts in the Information Privacy field
- Advance through three courses with the same peer cohort and build your professional network