Our part-time programs are short courses with four hours per week of direct instruction and additional work completed out of class. Courses are focused on a specific aspect of English, with a tightly organized curriculum and stated learning outcomes that provide a clear indication of what the course is about and what you can expect.
All York University English Language Institute part-time courses are taught by highly-qualified and experienced ESL instructors, and use up-to-date materials, technologies, and instructional techniques. To permit individual feedback, class size is limited to 16 students.
Part-time studies are a great way to gain valuable knowledge and skills in a subject area that may help employ a career or advance it without interfering with current priorities – allowing you to enjoy work-life balance while studying English.
Part-Time English Language Studies:
University Life, a range of co-curricular activities designed to provide a balanced program of in- and out-of-classroom learning, includes:
- Orientation to the York University campus
- Access to self-study facilities available for use before and after class
- Conversation Partners
- Daily student-led discussion sessions
- Campus activities that will bring students into contact with other members of the York community
- York Admissions advising sessions
- Workshops on university life skills, including topics such as time management skills, applying for admission, and testing strategies
- York English Language Test (Levels AP7-AP9 only)
- Attendance at university lectures (Levels AP6-AP9 only)
An e-mail account, internet and library access, textbooks and limited printing and photocopying services are included in the tuition fee.
A visit to the CN Tower, Niagara Falls, an NBA game, a Soccer Club, and a Games Club are examples of s the many trips, clubs, and activities available to English Language students.