Become a cutting-edge digital marketing professional, from the ground up
Why Choose York?
Put your digital and content marketing skills to the test
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Digital & Content Marketing starts from the basics, giving you a solid foundation in core marketing concepts and skills required for career success. You then move on to master advanced topics in digital and content marketing, giving you the expertise and confidence to make data-driven marketing decisions, and prove yourself integral to any employer.
This program will take you from digital and content marketing novice to master in just 8 months.
Created in collaboration with industry leaders, the 8 course Post-Graduate Certificate in Digital & Content Marketing teaches you not only fundamentals of strategy and technical expertise, but also gives you the opportunity to work on real-world projects with actual companies. You’ll have the chance to practice the core job skills top employers demand when hiring digital marketing professionals and graduate with a portfolio of strong digital and content marketing work, which you can use to land your next job.
This program gives you a comprehensive education in core areas, including:
- Marketing foundations
- Business concepts
- Web analytics
- Email marketing
- Content marketing strategy
- Editorial planning
- Copywriting for web
- Consumer research
- User data and segmentation
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) communications
- PPC (Pay per click) advertising
… and more
“We always start with training a new employee on the principles and strategy behind [digital marketing] – if we hired someone who already had this knowledge, they’d hit the ground running faster and more quickly have an impact on our business. I’d definitely pay more for that!”
- Cora Brady, Managing Director, Bob’s Your Uncle (Advisory Council Member)
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing is an 8 month full-time program. You’ll come to our Keele Campus in Toronto, ON to attend class 4 days a week for 3 hours each day.
Finish in 8 months
This program can also enhance the careers of people with experience or educational background in:
Web or Graphic Design
… and related fields
By the end of this program, successful students will be able to…
- Understand the fundamentals of marketing to develop a marketing plan
- Learn how organizations manage their business in a digital age to stay current, strategic and profitable
- Perform as a strategic digital and/or content marketing specialist
- Examine emerging digital marketing trends and discover how they can be used to enhance existing marketing strategies
- Identify the steps of their customer’s journey and apply them to their digital marketing strategy to attract and retain customers
- Increase the quantity and quality of traffic to their website by using digital marketing channels and advertising tools (e.g. SEO, SEM, social media, display, etc)
- Explore CRM best practices and marketing automation to enhance meaningful communications and engage with customers
- Develop a content marketing strategy that aligns with their organization’s goals
- Use social media and digital content to grow and engage with their audience and achieve business goals
- Create and optimize content for a variety of channels
- Apply content amplification strategies to reach and engage a wider audience through search, display, social, editorial, email techniques, earned vs paid vs owned media
- Make data-driven decisions across all digital platforms by using metric reporting and measurement to guide their marketing strategy
- Examine digital governance frameworks and risks
- Build a portfolio of work to demonstrate their knowledge and skills
- Upgrade cross-functional job skills that top employers are looking for
Senior Director, Content Strategy, RBC
Jill is Senior Director, Content Strategy in the Office of the CEO at RBC, where she helps convene and inform national conversations on economic and societal issues facing Canada, focusing on innovation, diversity, sustainable economic growth and the coming skills revolution. Prior to joining RBC, Jill led the creation of a multi-channel, insights-driven thought leadership strategy at The Bank of Nova Scotia. Previously, she led an international team at a global travel brand, delivering award-winning communications, digital media and content marketing strategies. Jill spent the better part of her early career at The Globe and Mail, coaching multiple teams to success in a variety of senior roles. As Executive Editor, she drove strategic direction and development of innovative initiatives and products with a focus on audience growth and engagement, data-driven insights and digital platforms and partnerships. She currently sits on the Board of the Canadian Club Toronto and the Advisory Board at York University’s School of Continuing Studies. Jill holds an Honors BA degree from McGill University and a post-graduate degree in Journalism from Concordia University.
Managing Director, Bob’s Your Uncle
Cora leads an advertising agency devoted to thoughtful food and beverage brands. She has led the agency through a transition to take a content first approach, strengthening the digital and social chops across all roles within the agency, including establishing an in-house content studio. The agency provides a full range of strategic, creative and digital services to its clients. Serving leading brands and fast-growing innovators, Bob’s Your Uncle is recognized as one of Canada’s premier boutique agencies. Previous to BYU, Cora co-founded Canada’s first Influencer marketing agency where she helped launch brands like General Mills, Walmart Canada, Finish & Lysol into the social sphere.
Senior Manager, Content Strategy & Development, Questrade Financial Group
For over 10 years, Alex has worked in the field of content marketing in financial services; helping educate Canadians to understand the best products and services for them. As a veteran storyteller, he promotes the value of tailored and targeted content as part of any top-notch marketing experience, across any industry.
VP, Marketing & Communications, Flybits
Justine Melman is a seasoned consumer marketer with almost two decades of experience delivering cutting-edge marketing, user engagement and social media campaigns for major global and Canadian brands including Holt Renfrew, The Globe and Mail, eBay Canada, Ally, Yahoo! Canada and Cineplex. Justine also brings a transformative perspective to the customer experience, helping brands implement and evolve their CX strategy.
Justine was a 2015 nominee for the American Marketing Association’s Marketer on the Rise award.
Director, Marketing, Custom Solutions & Project Management, Fifth Story
Rebecca Shevel is a dedicated and innovative Marketing Director, Media and Advertising leader with +20 years of experience growing brands, audiences and revenue. She has done this by developing relationships, creating multi-platform marketing, content & strategic advertising solutions. Rebecca’s approach is to be consultative, strategic and holistic with her clients and team.
Rebecca passions include content marketing, digital media and emerging technology. She has extensive experience working directly with clients (B2B & B2C), boutique and national media agencies. Rebecca brings a unique view when solving business challenges, having worked on the media supplier and agency sides of business. Rebecca enjoys helping define KPIs for clients to ensure the recommended strategy is fully supported by the best content, marketing and digital tactics.
Rebecca has worked with and for numerous Tier-1 brands in a variety roles. Currently, she is the Director of Marketing and Custom Solutions at Fifth Story, working with the Account Directors to help create an array of content marketing and digital solutions for clients; while also focused on building the Fifth Story brand via partnerships, sponsorships, PR and targeted marketing.
Senior Director, Marketing Planning & Operations, Rogers
Michelle Cody’s bio will be posted soon.
Head of Sales & Partnerships, Pelmorex Corp.
Tami Coughlan’s bio will be posted soon.
Carrie Lysenko has been knee deep in Digital since the early 2000s. She has led the growth and development of one of Canada’s most beloved sites and apps at The Weather Network for over a decade. She now heads up Product at VerticalScope which is the largest online community and forum provider in the world.
Ian is an experienced performance marketer leading day to day operations as Chief Operating Officer at Abacus. With over a decade in digital marketing experience, Ian has a demonstrated history of driving measurable results for his clients. Ian has experience across a variety of business verticals having serviced clients like P&G, Scotiabank, CIBC, Revlon, Dropbox and Grocery Gateway to name a few.
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business in a Digital Age
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Planning and Analysis for Content Marketing
- Marketing for Search Engines and Social Media
- Content Creation
- User Engagement and Marketing Automation
- Content Promotion and Amplification
Course information is subject to change.
Program policies will be posted soon.
You may also be interested in
Program schedule will be posted soon. Please check back later or