August 24, 2021 – Tips for Using YU Screen
This week, York University launched YU Screen, an automated COVID-19 self-assessment screening tool that supports our plans for a safe return to York’s campuses this fall. All York community members and visitors must use this tool prior to each visit to York’s campuses
to confirm that they have not been exposed to COVID-19.
YU Screen walks you through a range of questions including symptoms to possible exposure, recent travel and testing history. The tool will also be used to support case management and contact tracing in consultation with Toronto Public Health for any case that are confirmed at York.
All information related to screening is confidential, and York is committed to the protection of privacy, as required under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Tips for Using YU Screen
- Go to the home page of the Better Together website to access YU Screen. You can complete the screening process on your phone, computer or tablet.
- You will need your Passport York login information.
- Once logged in to YU screen, choose your “group”, indicating whether you are a student, staff, faculty member or guest, and then select “start screening”.
- When the survey is completed, an automated prompt will appear to identify whether you have been “cleared” to come to campus.
- If you do not pass the screening, self-isolate and do not come campus. You will be provided with educational resources and instructions on what to do next.
- You must complete YU Screen each time, prior to coming to campus. We encourage you to opt-in to receiving daily reminders to complete your screening by email.
- When on York’s campuses, you may be asked to show that you have cleared the screening.
We are excited to make this tool available to the community and to support you further in the gradual return to campus. For ongoing updates on York’s safe return to campus, please continue to visit the Better Together website.
Special Advisor to the President for Academic Continuity Planning & COVID-19 Response