Learn to use design thinking to create real-world user experience solutions. Gain the skills and expertise to create impactful, interactive user experiences that engages your audience.
What is User Experience (UX) Design?
User experience is how someone interfaces with a digital product, be it a website, application or software. User experience designers closely study this process to ensure consumers have meaningful, smooth, and relevant experiences with these products.
Every minute you spend on a website or app is the by-product of countless hours of dedicated work, from research and wireframing through to prototyping. Design thinking is critical to ensure innovations in technology continue to put people first, and that products offer the type of user experience (UX) that affect real change in the world around us.
What you will learn
Under the expert guidance of leaders in the field, you will practice the core job skills any UX Designer needs to have such as logical problem solving, research skills and active communication. The Certificate in User Experience (UX) Design covers all the core areas for career success, giving you the knowledge and expertise to:
• Evaluate and utilize relevant methodologies such as design thinking, participatory design, and the MoSCoW methodology
• Demonstrate best practices in visual design and system design
• Formulate user personas
• Explain how different design systems function and determine their appropriate usage
• Demonstrate cross-functional skills such as team work, communications, problem solving, active listening and storytelling
• Produce a portfolio of work that effectively applies UX best practices and processes to meet business needs across multiple industries and product types
Created in collaboration with industry leaders, the four-course Certificate in User Experience (UX) Design combines all the benefits of a part-time schedule with the deep learning of a comprehensive curriculum. You will also work on experiential education projects, allowing you to practice your UX skill set and finish the program with a portfolio of work that showcases your UX capabilities and expertise. After completing the program, you will also have joined a community of like-minded UX professionals composed of your classmates and instructors.