Covid-19 FAQ

Is the School of Continuing Studies closed?

We are open and operating remotely. Most courses are being delivered entirely online and you can call us on 416 736 5616 or email us at as usual. Drop by our “Virtual Front Desk” on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:15am – 10:15am and 11:15am – 12:15pm (EDT) to get all of your answers! 

What are the front desk hours for CPE?

Monday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Tuesday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm *Note: we will have limited in-person services available on Tuesdays
Wednesday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Thursday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Friday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm

What are the front desk hours for YUELI?

Monday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Tuesday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Wednesday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Thursday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm
Friday: 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm

I am a student who has become unwell, a dependent of mine is unwell, or I am currently self-isolating and I am not able to complete course activities that are evaluated at this time. What are my options?

During the pandemic, if you are unable to complete your assignments or examinations for a variety of COVID-19-related reasons, please contact your instructor. We will work with you to ensure your learning needs are met when you are able to continue.

I do not have access to a computer and/or high-speed internet. How will I access my online classes?

You can access our online learning platform, Moodle, on your mobile device. If this solution does not work for you, please contact your instructor of Program Coordinator. They will attempt to make arrangements to provide you with a borrowed laptop.

Will there still be onsite support to process bank debits and other in-person services?

All of our operations are available online until further notice. We are fully equipped to process online payments (credit cards, wire transfers) as well as receive transfers from Canadian banks.  Click here to learn more about our payment options.

How will I receive official documents from the School?

We will provide you with electronic grade reports of any courses completed through the School of Continuing Studies at no charge. These grade reports can be emailed directly to you, or if approved by you, emailed to a third-party. Certificates are mailed twice a year as previously scheduled in November and May.

I am an international student and have questions about my health insurance. Who should I contact?

If you purchased health insurance through the School of Continuing Studies, you can obtain details on the insurance policy through our Student Portal. There you will find contact information of the insurance provider (GuardMe), policy number and effective dates of the policy.

For questions about extending the period of insurance, including gaps in coverage between program offerings, please contact for Continuing Professional Education Students or for students of the York University English Language Institute (YUELI).

Although my program is being offered online, I would still like to travel to Canada. What do I need to do?

Please note that the Government of Canada has enacted travel restrictions. We do not recommend that you travel to Canada at this time. As classes are online, we will accommodate students in their current location.

If you choose (and meet the eligibility requirements) to come to Canada, please notify our office at of your plans, which must include a plan for the Government of Canada mandated 14-day self-quarantine period. This mean you will not have an opportunity to go grocery shopping or perform any other outdoor tasks to establish yourself in Canada.