Given the experiential and practical nature of the courses and the application of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) to York University, The School of Continuing Studies works to ensure that instructors and participants acknowledge and respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal information that may be presented in the context of instruction. Instructors will limit the amount of personal information that is collected, used or disclosed in their sessions, and will ensure that all identifying personal information (including proper name, address, etc.) is omitted from all written documents in order to protect personal privacy and confidentiality. Instructors should not bring or share personal or other confidential files or records with the class or allow students to do so.We are committed in protecting your privacy and your financial security, and we do this in several ways:
- Your credit card information is never received or stored by our system. Only your financial institution has access to your credit card information.
- Your Student Portal is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter your username and portal password.
- Online: Available sessions
- Bank Transfers: Please contact the English Language Institute if you intend to pay by bank transfer. Please be aware that most international bank transfers requests will be charged a bank transfer fee. Please ask your bank for details. Students are responsible to ensure the money they have sent to English Language Institute covers any bank transfer fees.
- Money Order: The Money Order should be made payable to York University. Please mail the original Money Order to our office at the following mailing address:
York University English Language Institute
Suite 035 Founders College
4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 CANADA
Please send required documents to our fax number: 416-736-5908 or email at email@example.com
- Please note that effective January 4th, 2021 the YUBridge Program fee will increase to reflect the increase in Undergraduate credit tuition. Credit course tuition fees range between $3,230 and 3,442.62 per course. Please find a link to the York fees here.
- English Language Institute Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) for new students.
- York University Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) to submit an application for York University undergraduate studies.
- Tuition cost includes Tuition Fee ESL, York Credit Courses (6 credits).
- Health Insurance (Emergency Medical coverage) is available for an additional cost of $350.00.
- YUBridge students will be expected to purchase textbooks for each of their academic credit courses.
- Upon reaching IELTS 6.0 by the end of Semester One, Students may choose to do an extra three credits in Semester Two for the additional cost of $1,700.00.
If you are unable to join the first day of the course, please immediately contact us in order to find out the last possible day to attend the program. Attendance deadlines do apply.
*Fees subject to change
If you are interested in residence or homestay accommodation, please contact the English Language Institute.
Please refer to the following document for Program Cancellation & Refund Policy questions & answers:
Please refer to the following document for Academic Program questions & answers:
- Students and instructors are expected to maintain a professional relationship characterized by courtesy, collegiality and mutual respect and to refrain from actions that would be disruptive to such a relationship;
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain an appropriate academic atmosphere in the classroom and the responsibility of the student to cooperate in that endeavour; and,
- The instructor is the best person to decide, in first instance, whether such an atmosphere is present in the class and may at their discretion, take steps that they feel are appropriate to resolve an issue or dispute.
In any case, where a student feels that this policy has been violated, they are urged to: notify the instructor of the course/program as soon as possible. Students may be asked to provide a detailed written description of their complaint to the instructor. The instructor may take measures they feel are appropriate to resolve the issue and/or may forward the complaint to the English Language Institute for review. Please refer to the full policy document on the York University website at: https://www.yorku.ca/scdr/