Given the experiential and practical nature of the courses and the application of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) to York University, The School of Continuing Studies works to ensure that instructors and participants acknowledge and respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal information that may be presented in the context of instruction. Instructors will limit the amount of personal information that is collected, used or disclosed in their sessions, and will ensure that all identifying personal information (including proper name, address, etc.) is omitted from all written documents in order to protect personal privacy and confidentiality. Instructors should not bring or share personal or other confidential files or records with the class or allow students to do so.We are committed in protecting your privacy and your financial security, and we do this in several ways:
- Your credit card information is never received or stored by our system. Only your financial institution has access to your credit card information.
- Your Student Portal is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter your username and portal password.
- Online: Available sessions
- Bank Transfers: Please contact the English Language Institute office if you intend to pay by bank transfer. Please be aware that most international bank transfers requests will be charged a bank transfer fee. Please ask your bank for details. Students are responsible to ensure the money they have sent to English Language Institute covers any bank transfer fees.
- Money Order: The Money Order should be made payable to York University. Please mail the original Money Order to our office at the following mailing address:
York University English Language Institute
Suite 035 Founders College
4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 CANADA
Please send required documents to our fax number: 416-736-5908 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- English Language Institute Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) for new students.
- York University Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) to submit an application for York University undergraduate studies.
- Health Insurance (Emergency Medical coverage) is available for an additional cost of $100.00 (2 month program for IELTS 6.0) or $200.00 (4 month program for IELTS 5.5).
- Non-refundable deposit of $3,000.00 (2 month program) or $4,000.00 (4 month program) is required to complete your registration and receive a Letter of Acceptance.
If you are unable to join the first day of the course, please immediately contact us in order to find out the last possible day to attend the program. Attendance deadlines do apply.
*Fees subject to change
Placement Fee: $200.00 (one-time only, non-refundable).You may apply for residence if you are between the ages of 18 and 29. Residence includes a meal plan.
Please refer to the following document for Program Cancellation & Refund Policy questions & answers:
- Students and instructors are expected to maintain a professional relationship characterized by courtesy, collegiality and mutual respect and to refrain from actions that would be disruptive to such a relationship;
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain an appropriate academic atmosphere in the classroom and the responsibility of the student to cooperate in that endeavour; and,
- The instructor is the best person to decide, in first instance, whether such an atmosphere is present in the class and may at their discretion, take steps that they feel are appropriate to resolve an issue or dispute.
In any case, where a student feels that this policy has been violated, they are urged to: notify the instructor of the course/program as soon as possible. Students may be asked to provide a detailed written description of their complaint to the instructor. The instructor may take measures they feel are appropriate to resolve the issue and/or may forward the complaint to the English Language Institute for review. Please refer to the full policy document on the York University website at: https://www.yorku.ca/scdr/