Develop the expertise to safeguard organizations from digital threats.
What is Cyber Security Operations?
Every day, we shop, work, and socialize online. As the world becomes more dependent on technology, cyber criminals are seizing this moment to disrupt our online lives and organizations’ digital operations for profit. This is why cyber security professionals are in such high demand today.
Organizations need cyber security professionals who can protect computer networks, systems, and digital property to join their teams—fast.
What you will learn
In this full-time, post-graduate program, you will learn how to:
- Define the principles of security governance and evaluate risk and mitigation options to manage vulnerabilities
- Analyze and evaluate the various Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) that suspicious entities leverage to steal data
- Define what represents a cyber security incident and classify and triage appropriately
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational security concepts, principles, best practices, and responsibilities required to protect organizational assets
- Install, configure, utilize, and troubleshoot various cyber security tools and software
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security Operations is the only full-time certificate in Cyber Security to be offered by a Canadian university. It is designed for recent domestic and international university graduates with minimal or no experience in information technology.
The program is developed and taught by leading cyber security professionals. In addition to course topics, these expert instructors will guide you through practical labs where you will directly apply the knowledge gained in the program. The program also ends with a comprehensive capstone project where you will showcase your cumulative knowledge and skills in cyber operations.
All of this, plus you will develop a well-defined cross-functional skillset so you can launch your career in this high-demand profession.