Canada announced an extension to the current flight suspension for India. All passenger flights from India will continue to be suspended until September 21, 2021. Passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route will need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada.
We understand this must be very frustrating for you and that your travel plans may have changed several times due to the continued flight suspension. We will try to make this process go as smoothly as we can for you.
Here is what you need to know right now:
Cancelling Quarantine Reservation:
- We will cancel your hotel reservation for your current check-in date. We encourage you to travel when it is safe to do so and look forward to welcoming you to Canada at that time.
- If you are not sure when you will be travelling yet, please fill out the Date of Arrival Change/Cancellation form and check “I have cancelled my plan to come to Canada”.
- Once you have a new travel date, please fill out the Quarantine Request Form again with your new travel information. We require at least 2-3 weeks’ notice to make arrangements for your quarantine. We cannot accommodate last minute or short notice requests.
- Please note that there are new rules in place for fully vaccinated people entering Canada. If you are fully vaccinated by a vaccine authorized by Health Canada, you may be exempt from quarantine upon arrival in Canada. You will still need to upload a back-up quarantine plan into ArriveCAN in case you are not exempted from quarantine on arrival. You can continue to book your quarantine through York University, however, please note that you must have alternate accommodation arranged for the event that you are exempt from quarantine. Students who have been granted an exemption from quarantine will not be permitted to stay at the hotel York University booked for you. You can read more about the quarantine exemptions here.
Changing your Travel Date: · If you have a new travel date already, please fill out our Date of Arrival Change/Cancellation form. We will be very happy to change your reservation date once it is safe for you to travel again.
- We will cancel your GuardMe enrollment and enroll you once you have submitted a new Quarantine Request Form or an Arrival Change/Cancellation form with a new travel date.
- For general information about your policy and COVID-19 call: 1 905 752 6200 or toll-free 1-877-873-8447
- For claims inquires, use the Claim Assist line: 1-888-756-8428 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For up-to-date bulletins and answers to frequently-asked questions on COVID-19 and your insurance, visit http://www.guard.me
We know this is an incredibly disappointing development for all students travelling from India. Our hope is that COVID cases will decrease in the coming weeks, and you are able to travel Canada at a time when it is much safer to do so.
You can still access all of York’s resources while studying remotely:
- York International will continue to hold virtual events for you to connect with other students, make new friends and be part of the York community.
Mental Health and Wellness:
- You can access York My Student Support Program (York My SSP) 24/7 by calling 1-844-451-9700. Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578.
York provides students with real-time and/or appointment-based confidential, 24-hour support for any school, health, or general life concern at no cost to you. You can call or chat with a counsellor directly from your phone whenever, wherever you are.
Ongoing support is available over the phone in 146 languages. Immediate support is available over the phone in 35 languages and over chat in simplified Chinese, English, French, and Spanish.
Immigration & International Student Support:
- For questions about immigration, study permits, work permits and more, email email@example.com to speak to one of our licensed immigration specialists or book an appointment directly. · For the latest information on quarantine, visit our Quarantine Info Page.
School of Continuing Studies