Spend your Spring Break enjoying the delights of the Canadian winter and improving your English language skills.
The Spring Break Immersion Program is an exciting experience that will help you develop your listening and speaking skills in English from any level as well as learn with students from around the world. Over the course of the program, you will experience one of Canada’s largest and most multicultural university campuses and the social and cultural lie of a Canadian winter. You also will participate in activities with Community Leaders, allowing you to build your skills.
Practice your English while learning about all that Toronto has to offer
Our highly qualified teachers will guide you through your English classes and provide plenty of opportunities to practice.
During your program you will get to know about life in Toronto, Toronto Raptors, Toronto’s ethnic neighborhoods, CN Tower, Niagara Falls and more.
Our ‘Community Leaders’, current York undergraduate students, lead many of the cultural events and will also introduce you to some of the 300+ clubs on campus. There’s always plenty to do at York!
- Program length: 2-4 weeks
- Class size: 16 students
- Classroom hours/week: 2.5 hours of instruction and activities per day
- English-only environment
- Start at any English level
University Life, a range of co-curricular activities designed to provide a balanced program of academic and extracurricular including:
- Virtual Orientation to the York University campus
- Conversation Partners
- Daily student-led discussion sessions
- Campus activities that will bring students into contact with other members of the York community
- York Admissions advising sessions
- Workshops on university life skills, including topics such as time management skills, applying for admission, and testing strategies
- York English Language Test (Levels AP7-AP9 only)
- Attendance at university lectures (Levels AP6-AP9 only)
- Access to support services
Technology requirements: A computer with reliable, high speed internet, camera and microphone
- Previous education: High school graduate
- You are at least 18 years old*
* If you’re under 18, you still may be eligible. Contact the York University English Language Institute to confirm.
|Winter 2021||Spring Break Immersion Online Program (February-March 2021)||$850.00||Register|
- Your credit card information is never received or stored by our system. Only your financial institution has access to your credit card information.
- Your Student Portal is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter your username and portal password.
- Online only: Available sessions
- Deposit of $500 is required to complete your registration.
If you are unable to join the first day of the course, please immediately contact us in order to find out the last possible day to attend the program. Attendance deadlines do apply.
*Fees subject to change
Students and instructors are expected to maintain a professional relationship characterized by courtesy, collegiality and mutual respect and to refrain from actions that would be disruptive to such a relationship;
It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain an appropriate academic atmosphere in the classroom and the responsibility of the student to cooperate in that endeavour; and,
The instructor is the best person to decide, in first instance, whether such an atmosphere is present in the class and may at their discretion, take steps that they feel are appropriate to resolve an issue or dispute.
In any case, where a student feels that this policy has been violated, they are urged to: notify the instructor of the course/program as soon as possible. Students may be asked to provide a detailed written description of their complaint to the instructor. The instructor may take measures they feel are appropriate to resolve the issue and/or may forward the complaint to the English Language Institute for review. Please refer to the full policy document on the York University website at: http://www.yorku.ca/scdr/