Leveraging your workforce data doesn’t need to be difficult
Human resources professionals no longer have reason to fear data analytics. Thanks to new and emerging tools, analysis has become easier and no longer requires a strong statistics or programming background. By effectively using company data, the HR department can optimize its HR-related strategies and activities. These plans have significant cost savings to a company’s bottom line. This is called People Analytics: a method of analytics that identifies how employee factors connect to a business’s target outcomes.
As more organizations adopt human resource information systems, HR professionals have access to more systemized data than ever before. Companies need HR generalists and specialists who can look at this data and see more than just information, but who can interpret and translate it into actionable workforce solutions and communicate the value of these solutions to upper management.
Data analytics is one of the most in-demand and fastest-growing skill sets today, with Canada facing a skills gap of approximately 150,000 data-literate managers and analysts. So, while many organizations are embracing HR technologies, 46% of adopters do not have the fundamental data-driven skill set within their teams.
Data analysis is quickly changing the way companies do business. Now is the time to commit to learning this vital skill set in an accessible and practice-oriented environment.
Why Choose York?
* Some restrictions. Additional fees apply.
Learning analytics has never been easier
The Certificate in People Analytics is the first program of its kind in Canada where, in an accessible and structured environment, you will work to become more comfortable visualizing data and using insights to tell a story. This online, 3-course program was created in collaboration with people analytics practitioners and designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of data analytics.
In 6 months of part-time study you will develop your skill set for foundational analytics, allowing you to find and apply data-driven insights to address HR-related problems. Examples of workforce solutions that you could develop through people analytics include reducing the cost per hire, improving candidate selection, raising the employee retention rate, and improving employee engagement.
Upon completion of the Certificate in People Analytics, you will also be able to:
- Define HR-related business problems through an inquiry-based approach
- Explain common issues in adopting people analytics and propose solutions for these issues
- Consider the ethical and legal concerns in implementing people analytics solutions
- Communicate data insights through visualization tools such as data models
People analytics is a collaborative process, necessitating teamwork across departments to solve complex issues. This program’s course work will also develop your cross-functional competencies such as critical thinking, persuasion, negotiation, public speaking and programming.
The final capstone project allows you to apply what you’ve learned during the program towards a real-world HR issue. Upon graduation, you will have the knowledge and practical experience to probe data for statistical insights and make thought-out HR and talent management decisions.
Who should take this program?
The Certificate in People Analytics is ideal for experienced HR professionals looking to upskill and advance their careers. If you are an HR manager wanting to steer your organization towards implementing people analytics solutions, or an HR generalist/specialist seeking to move into an HR Information Systems (HRIS) unit, this program is perfect for you.
This program is also beneficial for analysts wanting to focus on workforce analytics and learn more about the needs of HR professionals.
Our flexible online program is designed to meet the needs of a wide range of students. You will be able to complete the full, 3-course program entirely online over the course of 6 months, without interfering with your full-time work. You can take advantage of audio slideshows and activities every week that can be revisited afterwards.
Finish in 6 months
Upon completion of the Certificate in People Analytics program, graduates will:
- Define a HR-related business problem through an inquiry-based approach that includes for purpose, scope and requirements
- Explain the common issues experienced in adopting people analytics, propose solutions for each and calculate the return on investment for implementing solutions
- Formulate the process of analysis in addressing a specific business problem
- Assess for existing and potential collected data in identifying which business problems can be solved with people analytics, while also considering ethical and legal issues
- Communicate insights in response to a HR problem supported by data visualization tools
- Create measures of data quality and processes to ensure reliable data models and reports
- Design and present data models that respond to workforce issues, i.e. talent acquisition, labour relations, employee engagement, etc.
The Certificate in People Analytics is a direct registration program.
- Essentials of People Analytics
- Applications for People Analytics
- Analytics Project Design and Delivery
|Fall 2020||Certificate in People Analytics (September 2020-March 2021)||$3,299.00||Register|