York School of Continuing Studies Mentorship Program
At York University School of Continuing Studies, we are dedicated to enhancing the learning and career development of our students, and we are thrilled to offer an opportunity to have you join us in our efforts.
As a graduate of one of our programs, you have the unique perspective to become a mentor with our York School of Continuing Studies Mentorship Program and play a vital role in helping our students develop their skills and achieve their professional goals.
What is the York School of Continuing Studies Mentorship Program?
Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), The York School of Continuing Studies Mentorship program is a unique opportunity for industry professionals like you to share your experience and knowledge with students in a meaningful way. The program pairs mentors with student mentees in a 1:1 collaborative relationship, where mentors can act as role models and help their mentees navigate the next stage of their careers.
Why should you join?
Joining the York School of Continuing Studies Mentorship program is an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference in the lives of our students. Moreover, being a mentor offers many benefits, including:
- Developing your leadership skills
- Strengthening your network
- Giving back to the community
- Enhancing your professional reputation
What to expect from the program?
As a mentor, you can expect to be part of a supportive community that is dedicated to helping our students succeed. The program provides you with:
- Guided mentorship sessions: Our program provides a curated curriculum and conversation guide. These resources will help you structure your meetings with your mentee and make the most out of your sessions.
- A world-class algorithm: Ten Thousand Coffees uses a world-class algorithm to match you with the best student mentee for your goals and interests. This ensures that you and your mentee are a good fit and that you can achieve your goals.
- A collaborative relationship with your mentee: You will have a collaborative relationship with your mentee, where you can share your academic/professional experiences and provide guidance for their career development.