Develop the skills and experience you need to mediate conflict and help families enduring difficult times move forward collaboratively.
What you will learn
Take advantage of Ontario’s only university family mediation program with this intensive Certificate in Family Mediation. You’ll gain the insights and practical experience you need to help families work together to resolve conflict in a practical and safe manner. This program will help you:
- Prepare to work closely with families to help them resolve disputes, identify fair and reasonable solutions, and strengthen their relationships
- Reduce families’ emotional stress; ensure an equal voice for all parties; and help form lasting agreements
- Gain practical mediation experience and develop emotional intelligence
- Fulfills training requirements for the Accredited Family Mediator (AccFM) designation with the Ontario Association for Family Mediation
- Learn first-hand from certified and practicing industry-expert coaches and instructors who regularly encounter the types of interpersonal challenges that result from family conflict
- Participate in experiential learning opportunities, including role-playing sessions, which will allow you to develop your mediation skills and improve your confidence as a new practitioner
- Family Mediation Program Information Webinar [00:58:40] [Watch now]
Learn more about our Certificate in Family Mediation, including information on courses, instructors, and how to enrol.
* From 00:29:05, instructor Mary Anne Popescu speaks about the pathways to being a professional family mediator.
- The Changing Landscape of Family Dispute Resolution in Canada [00:59:06] [Watch now]
Learn more about how COVID-19 and changes to the Divorce Act have helped to increase access to justice and promote more inclusive dispute resolution practices. Family Law Specialist and program Instructor Archana Medhekar, BSC, LL.B, LL.M, ACC.FM, is the featured speaker in this engaging discussion.
- How Family Mediation has Changed Since the COVID-19 Crisis [00:02:25] [Watch now]
Since the pandemic, Family Mediators have experienced drastic changes in how they serve their clients. Hear from our instructor Mary-Anne Popescu on how family mediators still affect positive change in their clients’ lives through online venues.