Take your machine learning skills beyond code
In the current job market, it’s not enough to be a Python wizard or statistical genius. Top employers are looking for machine learning specialists who understand the business and ethical impact of their work. The Certificate in Machine Learning was created in collaboration with industry leaders, including major banks, ensuring that you graduate with the exact skills and real-world experience that will land you one of the 7500 machine learning specialist jobs recently posted.
What you will learn
The Certificate in Machine Learning will give you the opportunity to work on multiple projects of various scale, capturing the entire machine learning lifecycle. You will work with both structured and unstructured data and with supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning algorithms. These projects allow you to build upon your technical skills while gaining a holistic understanding of machine learning as it relates to current and relevant problems facing businesses.
You’ll learn key skills that will allow you to:
- Build a business case to support the implementation of machine learning solutions in various industries
- Identify and assess the viability of different machine learning models using data, and explain your recommendations clearly to an employer
- Use project management principles to plan and execute a machine learning solution
- Use Python (and other languages) to create, implement and test machine learning algorithms in real-world scenarios
Who should take this program?
The Certificate in Machine Learning is for anyone with:
- At least a second-year undergraduate level understanding of linear algebra, calculus and inferential statistics
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Python
Study on your own schedule! This program is part-time, allowing you to study online. You only need to come to class on our Keele Campus in Toronto, ON for five 3-day weekends over the course of the entire program.