This is not new to us, as our English Language Institute has launched and delivered many quality online programs over the years, and we will continue to maintain the highest quality of instruction for those considering starting their studies with us. For any enquiries or questions about our programs, please contact email@example.com, and for details on changes applicable to your program of interest, please read the information in the Online Delivery tab at the bottom of this page.
Applicants with IELTS score of 5.5, AP6 completion or equivalent are eligible for the Pre-Destination York Program. Students who pass Pre-Destination York qualify for Destination York Program.
The Pre-Destination York (Pre-DY) is an eight-week English language program for high school graduates who have not yet achieved the language requirements to enter the Destination York (DY) program.
Study in Toronto or Beijing
For eight weeks, you will have the opportunity to improve your English and academic skills, and prepare for the demands of the Destination York course work and the expectations of the undergraduate studies that follow. Most graduating Pre-DY students have acquired English skills equivalent to an IELTS 6.0, which qualifies them to enrol in the Destination York program
The Pre-Destination York program runs in Toronto from January through February and from September through October.
The Pre-Destination York program is offered in Beijing in May and June.
The online Pre- Destination York Program is designed to help high school graduates with an IELTS score of 5.5 prepare for study at York University. This program focuses on the language skills required to succeed in York undergraduate courses. Graduating high school students who are eligible to join Pre-Destination York will be among a select group of high achievers who are motivated to improve their academic English skills.
The program is 8 weeks in length with 20 hours per week of online learning. Daily sessions include 3 hours of synchronous online learning delivered by one of our expert instructors, as well as an hour of asynchronous online learning for you to work on assignments.
The major goal of the Pre-Destination York is to achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 to advance to the Destination York program. Over the course of just 8 weeks, you will also receive customized feedback to improve your language skills in the following areas:
- Listening to key ideas in lectures and presentations, note-taking, and analyzing academic readings
- Writing university academic-level research papers
- Critical thinking, time management, and teamwork
Online Delivery Summary
- Program length: 8 weeks
- Online Class size: 17 students maximum
- Synchronous Classroom hours/week (live instruction): 15
- Asynchronous hours per week: 5
- Access to support services
- Technology requirements: a computer with reliable, high speed internet, camera and microphone
- Online start dates: Jan/Feb, May/Jun, Sep/Oct
See upcoming sessions
- Program length: 8 weeks
- Class size: Approximately 16 students
- Classroom hours/week: 20 hours
- Start dates: January, May, September
See upcoming sessions
- Previous education: High school graduate
- Language proficiency: IELTS 5.5 or AP6 completion or equivalent
|Fall 2020||Pre-Destination York (September-October 2020)||$4,095.00||Apply|
|Winter 2021||Pre-Destination York (January-February 2021)||$4,095.00||Apply|
|Summer 2021||Pre-Destination York (May-June 2021)||$4,095.00||Apply|
|Fall 2021||Pre-Destination York (September-October 2021)||$4,095.00||Apply|
- Your credit card information is never received or stored by our system. Only your financial institution has access to your credit card information.
- Your Student Portal is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter your username and portal password.
- Online: Available sessions
- Bank Transfers: Please contact the English Language Institute if you intend to pay by bank transfer. Please be aware that most international bank transfers requests will be charged a bank transfer fee. Please ask your bank for details. Students are responsible to ensure the money they have sent to English Language Institute covers any bank transfer fees.
- Money Order: The Money Order should be made payable to York University. Please mail the original Money Order to our office at the following mailing address:
York University English Language Institute
Suite 035 Founders College
4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 CANADA
- English Language Institute Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) for new students.
- York University Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) to submit an application for York University undergraduate studies.
- Health Insurance (Emergency Medical coverage) is available for an additional cost of $100.00.
If you are unable to join the first day of the course, please immediately contact us in order to find out the last possible day to attend the program. Attendance deadlines do apply.
*Fees subject to change
Students and instructors are expected to maintain a professional relationship characterized by courtesy, collegiality and mutual respect and to refrain from actions that would be disruptive to such a relationship;
It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain an appropriate academic atmosphere in the classroom and the responsibility of the student to cooperate in that endeavour; and,
The instructor is the best person to decide, in first instance, whether such an atmosphere is present in the class and may at their discretion, take steps that they feel are appropriate to resolve an issue or dispute.
In any case, where a student feels that this policy has been violated, they are urged to: notify the instructor of the course/program as soon as possible. Students may be asked to provide a detailed written description of their complaint to the instructor. The instructor may take measures they feel are appropriate to resolve the issue and/or may forward the complaint to the English Language Institute for review. Please refer to the full policy document on the York University website at: http://www.yorku.ca/scdr/