Destination York is comprised of two distinct parts: an 8-week York University English Language Institute Academic English Language Program and admission to a four-year undergraduate degree program at York University. For 8 weeks you will have the opportunity to improve your English and academic skills, and learn about and prepare yourself for undergraduate studies at York University. Our specially designed Destination York program, which runs from June to August (for September admission to York University), or from October to December (for January admission), or from March to April (for May admission), is designed to provide an intensive learning experience for university-bound students. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to Canada and to York University!
EL/3945 Destination York Program [Jul 2 – Aug 23, 2019
- Your credit card information is never received or stored by our system. Only your financial institution has access to your credit card information.
- Your Student Portal is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter your username and portal password.
- Online: Available sessions
- Bank Transfers: Please contact the English Language Institute office if you intend to pay by bank transfer. Please be aware that most international bank transfers requests will be charged a bank transfer fee. Please ask your bank for details. Students are responsible to ensure the money they have sent to English Language Institute covers any bank transfer fees.
- Money Order: The Money Order should be made payable to York University. Please mail the original Money Order to our office at the following mailing address:
York University English Language Institute
Suite 035 Founders College
4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 CANADA
- English Language Institute Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) for new students.
- York University Application Fee: $100.00 (one-time only, non-refundable) to submit an application for York University undergraduate studies.
- Health Insurance (Emergency Medical coverage) is available for an additional cost of $100.00 (2 month program for IELTS 6.0) or $200.00 (4 month program for IELTS 5.5).
- Non-refundable deposit of $3,000.00 (2 month program) or $4,000.00 (4 month program) is required to complete your registration and receive a Letter of Acceptance.
If you are unable to join the first day of the course, please immediately contact us in order to find out the last possible day to attend the program. Attendance deadlines do apply.
*Fees subject to change
- Placement Fee: $200.00 (one-time only, non-refundable).
- You may apply for residence if you are between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Residence includes a meal plan.
Students and instructors are expected to maintain a professional relationship characterized by courtesy, collegiality and mutual respect and to refrain from actions that would be disruptive to such a relationship;
It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain an appropriate academic atmosphere in the classroom and the responsibility of the student to cooperate in that endeavour; and,
The instructor is the best person to decide, in first instance, whether such an atmosphere is present in the class and may at their discretion, take steps that they feel are appropriate to resolve an issue or dispute.
In any case, where a student feels that this policy has been violated, they are urged to: notify the instructor of the course/program as soon as possible. Students may be asked to provide a detailed written description of their complaint to the instructor. The instructor may take measures they feel are appropriate to resolve the issue and/or may forward the complaint to the English Language Institute for review. Please refer to the full policy document on the York University website at: http://www.yorku.ca/scdr/