The Part-Time Intensive Advanced Legal English Program is designed for non-native speakers of English with graduates of law degrees from outside of Canada who want to study at their own pace. The focus of the program is on the language and writing skills required to succeed in graduate-level legal coursework and in the legal profession itself.
Attendance is limited to two days a week, in the evenings, with the remainder of the coursework being self-directed and online. Eligible participants are law degree graduates from outside of Canada who are interested in pursuing legal studies at the graduate level or in additional accreditation to practice law in Canada.
EL/3826 Part-Time Intensive Advanced Legal English Program [September 04 – December 20, 2018]
Part-Time In Class
Given the experiential and practical nature of the courses and the application of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) to York University, The School of Continuing Studies works to ensure that instructors and participants acknowledge and respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal information that may be presented in the context of instruction. Instructors will limit the amount of personal information that is collected, used or disclosed in their sessions, and will ensure that all identifying personal information (including proper name, address, etc.) is omitted from all written documents in order to protect personal privacy and confidentiality. Instructors should not bring or share personal or other confidential files or records with the class or allow students to do so.We are committed to protecting your privacy and your financial security, and we do this in several ways:
- Your credit card information is never received or stored by our system. Only your financial institution has access to your credit card information.
- Your Student Portal is password-protected. To access any personal and academic information, you must enter your username and portal password.
- Online: Available Sessions
- Bank Transfers: Please contact the English Language Institute if you intend to pay by bank transfer. Please be aware that most international bank transfers requests will be charged a bank transfer fee. Please ask your bank for details. Students are responsible to ensure the money they have sent to English Language Institute covers any bank transfer fees.
- Money Order: The Money Order should be made payable to York University. Please mail the original Money Order to our office at the following mailing address:
York University English Language Institute
Suite 035 Founders College
4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 CANADA
$4,800 + $200 Registration Fee for new students (CAD)
Fees include required course textbooks and materials. Fees are due in full prior to enrollment in classes. Fees may change without notice.
* Fees subject to change